xorgconfig missing FBD_8

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:00:53 UTC 2010

>> HAL & DBUS are evil bloated hogs.  mount always worked fine for me.
>
> (Mount?)  Of course dbus and hal aren't required.

Right.  I'm saying mount works fine.  I didn't need a large, buggy
replacement for it with a million dependencies, just to look at the
contents of my usb drives, although the linux people seem to think I
do.  Why they decided to add all this crap as a dependency to X is
completely beyond me.  FBSD annoys me when I can't check my bank
statements because gnash, linux-f10-flashplugin, etc, all crash, but
it doesn't outright fail to build or run like a badly configured linux
box, and when it does, portupgrade -Rf blah usually saves me.

> AllowEmptyInput bad, AutoAddDevices good.

Whatever.  Just trying to be helpful.  AllowEmptyInput still works on
my boxes, so I was passing the secret knowledge.  The handbook does
oft lag reality.

Steve