Memory disk "a la mfsroot"?

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Thu Feb 11 15:30:49 UTC 2010

Matthew Seaman wrote:

I might be missing something in the mdconfig man page, but in the
examples I see they always allow modifications to the backing file. As I
said I am looking for a solution where the backing file is only read,
but I want to mount the memory disk in read-write mode. Also, I want
only the modifications to be kept in the RAM, not the initial files.

Thanks!