HELP! Is that possible "creating a user named root but acturallynot the administrator root"

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:33:14 UTC 2010

Lin Taosheng wrote:

>Is that possible to implementated?

No. I think not. But I have not tried it either.

Can I ask what do you want to achieve? Because I had the same thought once, concerning how to combat once-increasing script-driven SSH brute-force attack. But I was instead have a better solution using fail2ban to easily thwart those SSH brute force attack. Is that your situation?

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465