openal-soft

ajtiM lumiwa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:04:25 UTC 2010

I had mplayer installed and I have also option Enable OpenAL sound support
checked.
I did as  UPDATING says and everything were look okay but when I update (big
update) the system "mplayer" complain that cannot install openALL because
openal-soft is installed. I went bacjk to the openALL and it is okay but my
question is it is possible to build mplayer with openal support and openal-
soft installed, please?

Thanks in advance.

20100125:
  AFFECTS: users of audio/openal and graphics/openal-soft
  AUTHOR: mva at FreeBSD.org

  The default OpenAL implementation was switched to audio/openal-soft.
  To update all ports correctly, the following steps have to be performed.

      pkg_delete -f openal-\*

  If you use portmaster:

      portmaster -or audio/openal audio/openal-soft

  If you use portupgrade:

      portupgrade -or audio/openal audio/openal-soft

  If you want to stick with audio/openal, please specify the following ports
  make flag within /etc/make.conf (or an appropriate configuration file for
  your ports):

      WANT_OPENAL=si

Mitja
--------