NFSv4: mount -t nsf4 not the same as mount_newnfs?

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 8 17:25:59 UTC 2010

On 02/08/10 15:01, Rick Macklem wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, O. Hartmann wrote:
>

>> Mounting the filessystem via
>>
>> mount_newnfs host:/path /path
>>
>> works fine, but not
>>
>> mount -t nfs4 host:/path /path.
>>

> The mount command can be either:
> mount -t nfs -o nfsv4 host:/path /path
> or
> mount -t newnfs -o nfsv4 host:/path /path
> (The above was what the old now removed nfs4 used.)
>
> Have fun with it, rick

So I guess the above one is the more 'transparent' one with respect to
the future, when NFSv4 gets mature and its way as matured into the kernel?

I tried the above and it works. But it seems, that only UFS2 filesystems
can be mounted by the client. When trying mounting a filesystem residing
on ZFS, it fails. Mounting works, but when try to access or doing a
simple 'ls', I get

ls: /backup: Permission denied

On server side, /etc/exports looks like

--