Cannot build perl on FreeBSD 8.0

Denis piloyder at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:55:41 UTC 2010

I updated from 7.2 to 8.0 from source.
No I updated ports tree and try to update perl (from ports), but get
the next error (version does not matter, 5.8, 5.10 give the same
error):
----
 CCCMD =  cc -DPERL_CORE -c
-DAPPLLIB_EXP="/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN" -DHAS_FPSETMASK
-DHAS_FLOATINGPOINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include
-O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -W -Wextra
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wc++-compat
rm -f opmini.c
op.c opmini.c
op.c:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/work/perl-5.8.9.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8.

---
Since there is no such error (tried to search on goolge but without
luck) it seems that I did wrong something/ But cannot find out what -
everything seems to work fine.
May be someone faced with similar problem, what can I do to compile perl?

Best regards,
Denis