which java on 8-release

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:25:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

Tried to get any permutation of XYZ-jre or XYZ-jdk installed on 8-rc1
and gave up.  I see still no diablo for 8.  What is the best way
forward (and how am I so dense that no one else has even asked this
question, I must be on the wrong track, no?)  I saw a few posts about
having to install diablo in order to build openjdk, so that's out
too...what is the 'magic' port that people use?  I just want to run
all the apps that need java, I don't plan to write any java on my own.

Thanks,
Steve