using leds on laptop

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:25:04 UTC 2010

I'm not sure if FreeBSD will detect the "pure LED", but as

> you mentioned that it is labelled "wireless", it is in
> relation to the WLAN inside the laptop. Maybe there's a
> device driver functionality that activates the LED when
> the WLAN device is active?

Might be - but I don't have windows so I have no way of testing

> Do you use the laptop's WLAN, and does the LED correspond
> to any state (like activated, connected, scanning etc.) of
> the WLAN?

I do use WLAN but it does not correspond to any specific state. Nor does the
physical switch change anything

> Anyway, I would predict that you won't find an easy way
> to utilize this LED except you're writing a driver for it
> with specifications the laptop's manufacturer will sell to
> you if you put enough money onto the table. :-)

 It happens to be a Lenovo laptop. If I could get a copy of the
specification it would make a nice project for me - writing a driver -
*wonders*