AT&T substitute available on freebsd?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Mon Feb 1 16:05:59 UTC 2010

In the last episode (Feb 01), Ivan Voras said:
> On 02/01/10 15:37, Jian Jun Wang wrote:
> > I am not quite technical on this, y'know, in windows, we have AT&T
> > software to access company intranet, not sure whether we have substitute
> > here?  I tried to figure out the ways to do that, no luck.  I know on
> > linux distribution they have agnclient.  any ideas?
>
> You can expect a reliable answer only if someone has figured out what
> protocol does your software use and has found some alternative.
>
> Offhand, since
> http://info.attbusiness.net/agnclient/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.features
> mentions "ipsec", I'd guess IPSec support might be your answer
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html).

Also, looking at the posts on the Linux client support forum, AT&T is just
barely supporting the Linux client as it is (SSL VPN only, no IPSEC support
planned, only three OS versions supported).  You will probably be better off
running a small Windows XP vm inside VirtualBox and using the Windows client
from that.

http://www.attnetclient.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=894#p3036
http://www.attnetclient.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=951#p3239

--