openldap-sasl fails after 8.1 upgrade

Leon Meßner l.messner at physik.tu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 25 19:47:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:34:27PM +0300, Reko Turja wrote:
> Sadly the GSSAPI/Kerberos has been broken in 8.x for a good while now.
> You can either install the heimdal or MIT port, although getting that
> to work in stead of the base can be messy.
>
> kern/147454 PR actually has a working fix, although I'm not sure if it
> applies cleanly as it's pretty big - I managed to get working GSSAPI
> with it on 8.1 PRERELEASE.

I'll try that.

> See also discussion at
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-July/057734.html

Following the link in the other thread to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-February/055017.html

i made the changes to /usr/bin/krb5-config:

# diff /usr/bin/krb5-config /usr/bin/krb5-config.org
96c96
<       lib_flags="$lib_flags -lgssapi -lgssapi_spnego -lgssapi_krb5
-lheimntlm"
---
>       lib_flags="$lib_flags -lgssapi -lheimntlm"

After that, rebuilding openldap+dependencies makes it work again. I
suppose this is quite dirty and i have to see if it introduces other
problems.

Thanks,
leon