ZFS data from snv_b134 to fbsd

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Aug 12 18:04:14 UTC 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 6:10 AM, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

> I want to transfer a lot of ZFS data from an old OpenSolaris ZFS
> mirror (v22) to a new FreeBSD-8.1 ZFs mirror (v14).
> If I boot off the OpenSolaris boot CD and import both mirrors will
> the copying from v22 ZFS to v14 ZFS be harmless?
> I'm not sure if this is teh right mailinglist for this question. Let
> me know.

I'm NOT a ZFS expert, but I think it should be OK as long as you don't
upgrade the v14 pool.  OpenSolaris won't upgrade pool versions
automatically, so this shouldn' t be a problem.

I'm assuming this is a normal file copy, here; if you're trying to use
'zfs send' and 'zfs receive' I think you'll run into difficulty.