how to find my memory size?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 04:14:24 UTC 2010

On 8/3/10, Jason <lisen1001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,all:
>
> which one is the memory size?

This would depend on what you want to find out, the total memory, the
amount available to the system and what is allocated for the user?

> And what's the meaning of these three variable?
>
> hw.physmem: 2138476544

The physical memory available to the system after removing sharing
like a video card taking up some memory.

> hw.usermem: 1886236672

The memory available/allocated for the user(yourself)

> hw.realmem: 2147430400

The total amount of memory (not including sharing, like video card)

Hope this helps.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is the way I interpret the results :)

Regards,

Antonio