Intel PCI-E 4965AGN wireless iwn(4) isn't detected on Compaq 6715s laptop - USB bus?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 2 15:03:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 03:07:40PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > > The old Broadcom card had 2 connectors, this
> > > Intel card has 3, so I connected only terminals
> > > 1 and 2 to the laptop - there are no other wires.
> >
> > Wires on a built-in wireless? I don't follow you.
>
> sorry, I meant connectors. But I think this is all fine.
>
> There are 2 connectors coming from laptop
> to mini pci-e wireless: they are numbered 1 and 2.
> There are 3 matching connectors on the wireless
> device, labeled 1, 2 and 3. So I connect 1 to 1
> and 2 to 2. This leaves connector 3 on the wireless
> device unconnected.

As far as I can tell from the pictures, [see
http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm]
these cards have the following connectors:

  - PCIe & USB on the bottom
  - 3 coaxial antenna connectors on the other side
  - two power connections

I'm assuming you are talking about the antenna connectors... AFAICT from the
product brief, it supports either two or three antennas, so that shouldn't be
a problem.

Is the card getting power?

Roland