Installing a system to use both gjournal and gmirror

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sun Aug 1 04:12:48 UTC 2010

krad <kraduk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> have a play with the latest pc-bsd disk if you are having issues.
> It will install a native freebsd, and supports gmirror and
> gjournal. You can do it via a script type install or GUI.

I'm not to the point of having issues yet :)

I haven't found any instructions on the pc-bsd site for setting up
journalling -- only some dmesg excerpts which suggest that it is in
fact available and (in at least one case) the journal and data were
indeed on the same partition -- but maybe my google-fu is not strong
enough.  Searches for info regarding mirroring are overwhelmed by
mentions of the word in the context of download sites.