Gaming

Mikle Krutov nekoexmachina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:45:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:41:33AM +1200, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> I agree. There's a wiki entry detailing the process:
>
>     http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine#head-6963d527c173e57b1567e881305b544d33435b6d
>
> There are a few problems with the network interfaces on the 32-64 bit
> bridge; which will intefere with some network related games (eg: EVE
> Online), but on the whole the experience is very positive.
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>
>                 "If everything's under control, you're going too slow"
>                                                       - Mario Andretti
As for me, the worst thing with wine on amd64 is that wineserver is
using 100% cpu all the time and so it is kind of slowier than wine on
i386. The only game i play for now is dwarf fortress, it is really
cpu-using game, and on my pretty-old laptop with i386 and 2.2GHz cpu
it runs little faster than on amd64 3.0GHz machine.
Btw, does that wineserver behavior reproduce for anyone?

--
Wbr,
Krutov Mikle