Gaming

Mikle Krutov nekoexmachina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:33:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:46:15PM +0200, David DEMELIER wrote:
> Yes probably, but for now I can play urban terror as well. Which
> features are missing ?
>
> --
> Demelier David
First, it's shaders support. I've used to play toribash a lot, and it
requires OpenGL 1.3 which mesa does support, but it could not use
cell-shading and graphics were not-too-good.
Second, i do not know what feature does it require, but i'm a
pretty-long-time dwarf fortress player, and with ATI i can not play
graphics version (where graphics are just .bpm tiles) & stonesence does
not even run with wine. (whell.. ascii rocks, but i like watching what
have i created in 3d-version :))
Third, i used to play wurm online, that does not require high-end
graphics, but is unplayeble (e.g. it doesn't even run with ATI).
And, of course, missing s3tc support that disallows playing some newer
commercial games.
But don't take me wrong, i like ATI, and the only feature that i really
miss and because of which i use now nvidia-graphics card -- vdpau,
while waiting for stabilization of mplayer-mt patches (e.g. on some of
video-files it crashes)

--
Wbr,
Krutov Mikle