Wireless networking question

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Sun Apr 25 23:17:59 UTC 2010

On Apr 25 2010 21:26, S Roberts wrote:

> Hmmm.., you sure your ports system is installed / up-to-date there?
>
> Do you have any of the docs that would have shipped with the notebook?
> If not, I searched ASUS, and found a link to the English version manual
> here:
> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&product=3&model=K72F&type=map&f_type=19
>
> I've not downloaded it, so please see if there's anything that can
> assist. There **are** other resources at the ASUS site - you just have
> to use the menu on the right to select your particular model and review
> the list of resources that gets returned..,
>
> Hope this helps..,
>
> Regards,
>
> S Roberts

Thanks for the attempt to help, but ports are up-to-date.  I'm on
8.0-RELEASE amd64 -- maybe scanpci isn't available on amd64?

The download for the manual is exactly the same as the paper manual that
came with the notebook.  It gives very little technical information.  On
the web site, all I could find is that it's 802.11n capable, which I
already knew from the sales pamphlet.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | camdensoftware.com | chipstips.com | chipsquips.com