Advice for finding a leaky Apache (probably PHP) process

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Apr 25 01:03:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm wondering if you guys have any general tips on how to find the
Apache process/app that is gobbling up my RAM randomly until my machine
crashes and I'm forced to reboot? I'm tired of staring at top and
working with flimsy hacks such as 10 minute Apache restart cronjobs.

This seems to start (or worsen) after updating to PHP 5.3, but this is
not happening on my test machine where PHP 5.3 is also installed and the
same apps are used (although not publicly).

General tips and suggestions are welcome here!

THanks in advance...

--
Joe Auty, NetMusician
NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful,