ping: sendto: No buffer space available

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Apr 24 11:06:40 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm running FreeBSD 8.0. Some times my network just go down without
leaving any errors behind, now this morning it went down but didn't cut
my ssh connection to the box and I got this error:

ping: sendto: No buffer space available

 From what I have found this relates to protocols like udp and icmp, I
assume this can occur with p2p but also vpn protocols like l2tp.

Is there some way that I can set limits on these protocols such that
they will not use up all available buffer space? Or some way to increase
buffer?

Or is the problem something completely different? I've got two vr
interfaces on a VIA Nehemiah ITX.

Thanks, Erik
--
Erik Nørgaard