lighten kernel

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Wed Apr 21 13:20:48 UTC 2010

As far as I understand this is one of the main reasons to make a custom
kernel :)
So yes, you can do that if you do not need those kernel modules.

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff
Deputy Head of IT Department
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

xyz <harvey.two.face.kent at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
21.04.2010 15:54

freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
cc

Subject
lighten kernel

Hi everybody

I want to build a custom kernel, because my pc doesn't have much memory.
So I would like reduce the size of the kernel load in the memory, to
save her.
My question is, is it possible to save more memory, by removing the
whole agp drivers, and keeping only the driver needed?
And so on for the rest of the drivers (sound, ...).drivers.

Thank you

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and to
others authorised to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. It you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any
action based on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from
your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission for the information contained in this message nor for any
delay in its receipt.