Questions about port revision numbers, portsnap, csup

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Apr 19 19:49:25 UTC 2010

>>> Didn't work, because pecl-APC is www/pecl-APC, not devel/pecl-APC.  I
>>> edited the patch to be www/ rather than devel/ at which point the
>>> patch applied but make failed due to one of the other patches:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Sorry about that bit - I'll check my local development environment.
>>
>>> ===>  Patching for pecl-APC-3.1.3.p1
>>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for pecl-APC-3.1.3.p1
>>> 1 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to apc_sem.c.rej
>>> => Patch patch-apc_sem.c failed to apply cleanly.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Please run the other commands in my email to move those now-obsolete
>> patch files out of the way:
>>
>> mkdir /usr/ports/devel/pecl-APC/files/save-patches
>> mv /usr/ports/devel/pecl-APC/files/patch-*  \
>>     /usr/ports/devel/pecl-APC/files/save-patches

Again, I had to change /devel to /www, but having done that, it compiled
and installed.  Based on 30 seconds of testing, the mediawiki stuff that
used to crash now seems to work, phpinfo confirms that apc 3.1.3p1 is
active.

Adjust the paths and ship it, it's vastly better than the status quo.

R's,
John

PS: Thanks!