Question. Multi Boot

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Sun Apr 18 22:04:56 UTC 2010

On 4/18/10 12:50 PM, Kruppa, Peter Ulrich wrote:
> Since Windows isn't very cooperative with other operating systems,
> leave it where it is, buy a second hard disk and install FreeBSD (and
> Linux) on it. The FreeBSD bootmanager will be able to boot Windows but
> Windows will not boot any FreeBSD or Linux.
I would agree that is the safest way to proceed, although the
repartitioning of the hard disk as outlined by somebody else would
certainly work.  However, even here I would urge you to have a complete
backup that you have verified is usable before you start.  Makes that
sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize you've just partitioned
the wrong drive much less ugly.  :-)

--Jon Radel