Porting NetworkManager to FreeBSD

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:26:40 UTC 2010

Em Sáb, 2010-04-17 às 10:13 +0200, David DEMELIER escreveu:

> 2010/4/16 Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net>:
> > Has there been any movement on porting NetworkManager
> > <http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/> to FreeBSD? I read
> > something awhile ago, I don't remember where, that it was planned for
> > the 8.0 release (I think). I have seen it in use on a friends PC, and
> > it is really awesome.
> >

> Do you really like NM ? Each time I use it it bugs, sometimes it
> connects and sometime not. Of course it's great for people who wants
> something easy to manage but NM needs the users to connect the X
> session.
>
> wpa_supplicant is really great, it scans access points available and
> try to connect them (you can add many networks in your
> wpa_supplicant.conf) and then it starts connecting even if you're not
> in your X session.
>
> About the NM port in freebsd I guess we can wait a long time.
>
> Cheers,

Laptops needs NM badly..  Linux have it, Opensolaris have it... I cannot
use
FreeBSD 8.0 in my laptops (8 persons in my company) because there is no
NM.

All the Laptops runs Arch linux...  it is a good OS but does not
compares to FBSD.

That is a thing that is missing...

I agree that wpa supplicat is great... so if one can only make a GUI for
it... it would
make all of us happy too....

Sergio