freeze PHP5 at specific version

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 16 18:45:16 UTC 2010

Doug Sampson wrote:
>> Have a look at this page:
>> http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/hints_n_kinks/ports-pkgtools.html.  If
>> you
>> add the php port names to the HOLD_PKGS array, that prevents
>> portupgrade
>> from touching them.
>>

> Bingo! That is what I'm looking for!
>
> Say, do I need to list each PHP5 extension in the HOLD_PKG section? For
> example, I have the following PHP5 extensions on top of the lang/php5 as
> follows:
>
> corvus-root@/usr/ports/databases/php5-sqlite: portversion -v | g php5
> php5-5.2.12_2               <  needs updating (port has 5.3.2)
[...]
> corvus-root@/usr/ports/databases/php5-sqlite:
>
> Is pkgtools a port that I need to install?
>
> Another question: I also use portmaster and portmanager. Does these two
> tools make use of the /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf file?
>
> ~Doug

Hi Doug,

This should work, but please test it to make sure:

  HOLD_PKGS = [
    'bsdpan-*',
    'php5*',
  ]

/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf is installed as part of the portupgrade
port (ports-mgmt/portupgrade or ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel).
portmaster has a "-x" option where you can specify a glob, like so:

portmaster -x 'php5*' -x 'foobar*' ...

I have not tested that either, so experimentat on some throwaway port first.

For portmanager, it reads pkgtools.conf for setting port build options,
but it looks to me like the pkgtools-to-portmanager.rb script converts
the contents of HOLD_PKGS to a form that portmanager understands.

Cheers,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin