NFS Mount FreeBSD 8.0

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Thu Apr 15 13:36:07 UTC 2010

   Hi all,

I have been running a backups storage server for many years on FreeBSD
5.2.1. It has been and still is working fine. Several 6.x machines are
connected to it on the local network.

Since installing FreeBSD 8.0 on two machines (they used to run 6.x and
connected to the nfs mount fine), But with FreeBSD 8, the are no longer
connecting.

ps ax shows (on the client machiens)

  551  ??  Is     0:00.00 mount_nfs -t 10 -b -o rw enterprise:/mnt /mnt

Obviously backgrounded.

It never connects. df- h confirms this.

I have tested the network thuroughly, i.e. I can connect to the backup
machine using ssh, ftp etc. named is working fine, hosts file is correct.

-No firewalling issues,
-quadruple checked the network settings,
-Checked all the settings for nfs.
-Have added the patches from Errata (all 7 of them).

I was wondering if there is some new/changed settings for the client that I
missed in the documentation somewhere.

SERVER SETTINGS:

    rc.conf
        nfs_client_enable="YES"
        nfs_server_enable="YES"
        nfs_server_flags="-h 192.168.0.4 -n 15"
        rpcbind_enable="YES"

    /etc/exports
        /mnt -alldirs -mapall root -network 192.168.0.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

CLIENT SETTINGS:

    rc.conf
        nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"
        nfs_client_enable="YES"

    fstab
        enterprise:/mnt         /mnt            nfs     -t=10,-b,rw     0
0

Any hints would be appreciated.

-Grant