downgrade php5

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 21:06:32 UTC 2010

doug schmidt wrote:

> After upgrading to php 5.3.2, we have a few in house applications that
> broke and our developers will not be able to work this out for at
> least another week or so, so I need to downgrade back to 5.2.12 in the
> mean time.
>
> I've used portdowngrade lang/php5 and lang/php5-extensions, during
> make install of php5-extensions it fails on php5-filter

[snip]

> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.
>
> Since some ports have been removed as they are bundled with 5.3.2, how
> can I get this downgraded properly. (devel/php5-pcre is no longer
> in the ports tree).

I feel for you, as I am slogging my way through the PHP upgrade myself. I've
been fairly lucky so far as most of it I've been able to fairly easily get
by. Only outstanding item for me at this point in time is php5_pdo-mysql is
horribly broken [Again].

It has been a long time since I've had to do anything like this, but I
believe what you will probably end up needing to do is to csup the ports
tree back one step to the earlier date/state. Then build the php5-pcre as it
was when it was before.

Not entirely sure about how big a mess that might be in attempting to
properly confuse portdowngrade. In the past when I've had trouble of this
nature I step in and just build/install whatever ports are problematic
manually by hand and bypass using the portupgrade tools.

-Mike