Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN Supported on FreeBSD-8.0?

cassetti77 adriano.dema at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 23:30:36 UTC 2010

Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Hello Oliver,
>       Thanks for the response.
>
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:35:27 +0200
> "O.Herold" <oliver at akephalos.de> wrote:
>
>> Am Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:22:46 +0100
>> schrieb S Roberts <stacey at vickiandstacey.com>:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >      The wireless nic on my laptop is the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN.
>> > Is this card supported in FreeBSD as present?
>> >
>> > I checked the FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE Hardware Notes (at
>> > http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/hardware.html#WLAN), and I
>> > don't see the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN actually listed.
>> >
>> > Looking at the online manpage for iwn, it is actually titled "Intel
>> > Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN IEEE 802.11n driver", but then again, I
>> > also noted that that manpage is timestamped April 13, 2008 and is
>> > tagged for FreeBSD-7.2.
>> >
>> > I'd some help, please.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > S Roberts

>> You have to use 8-stable, then you get support for this kind of
>> adapter.
>>

> Understood - install 8-REL, the cvsup to 8-Stable.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards,
>
> S Roberts
>
>> Cheers, Oliver

Excuse me. I have a sony vaio vgn-nw21mf too. I read your conversation, but
i have not undertand what i do to configure my intel wifi 5100 agn. I don't
know nothing about MFCED (google do not help me in that case ) . I download
the Freebsd 8-release and i don't know to download a 8-stable.  Can you
please say me what i do ? Thank you in every case .... and sorry for my
english!!
Best Regards
adriano