Mixer Settings For Audacity

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Sun Apr 11 11:24:31 UTC 2010

On 04/11/10 06:00, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 05:54:40 -0500, Programmer In Training <pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:
>> Same thing, barely any pickup by the mic.
>
> Is the microphone working, and is it compatible with

Yes

> the connector (condenser / dynamic)? Does it provide

Yes

> a sufficient output level, maybe to be tested with

Yes

> other equipment? Just an idea - because I recently

Was on a Windoze box with an Audigy 2 sound card, worked like a dream.

> had a similar problem with a partially defective
> microphone. :-)

I'm using the builtin C-Media sound card (for some reason FreeBSD
doesn't want to detect my SB Audigy even with the km loaded for it)  The
mic is a Creative boom mic (I call them boom mics, just your standard
desktop fair).

Audacity (and Skype) both picked up the mic very, very well using mic as
rec source on my parents Windoze box (XP SP3). I'd like to keep
everything on here (though the latest version of Audacity (1.3.x)
supports flac output while what's in ports (1.2.4b4. I updated ports
like two days ago) doesn't so I just might use their computer if I can't
get my mic working here).

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.