csup vs cvs

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Mon Apr 5 19:49:27 UTC 2010

Yesterday I was updating an 8.0 stable system to pick up a change I specifically
needed. The change was MFC'd Apr 4th at 11:38. I waited until about 8PM and ran
cvs from cvsup2.FreeBSD.org. When the change was not there, I waited until Apr
5th, a bit after midnight. When I still did not pick up the change, I updated
from a cvs repository.

My question is how are the mirrors updated (cvsup2 specifically I guess). In
general is using csup and cvs equivalent processes for non developers?.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com