setting sendmail.mc options?

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Mon Apr 5 10:53:20 UTC 2010

I'm sure this isn't the correct place for this question, but I'm not sure where to go as I only use my FreeBSD Unleashed to admin my sendmail.

I'm a newbie at this and could use a little help.

I'm trying to configure sendmail, using the freebsd port, to only relay mail once a day (I hate emails every few minutes), and if possible to hold outbound mail in the que (I think there's some que) until some fixed time (like 7am) so that all my mail is transferred then.

I've tried adding:

#sendmail_flags="-bp -q480m" and
#sendmail_flags="-q120m"

after my

sendmail_enable="YES"

and that didn't seem to work.

I've tried adding the following to my .mc file,

define( 'confMIN_QUEUE_AGE', '360m' )

to my mc files. I then typed, "make, make install, make restart" from command line and it doesn't seem to change the behavior.

I'm sure this is a trivial config, but I'm a newbie at this and could use a little help.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com