Configuring IPFW IP range

Carmel NY carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 13:11:51 UTC 2010

This is my first attempt at configuring IPFW. I have it up and running;
however, I am not quite sure how to accomplish configuring it to block
an IP range.

Assume an IP range: 219.128.0.0 to 219.137.255.255

That is an actual range: CHINANET Guangdong province network

I want to block the entire range. I am not sure how to do it in IPFW. I
have read the 'man' pages; however, I am not getting the syntax correct
since I cannot get the range added.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com

Slurm, n.:
	The slime that accumulates on the underside of a soap bar when
	it sits in the dish too long.

	Rich Hall, "Sniglets"