acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (1retry left)

Антон Клесс antoniok.spb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 05:44:42 UTC 2010

Good day.

I trying to install 7.2-RELEASE on server with MB Supermicro
X8DTU-F<http://market.yandex.ru/model.xml?modelid=4633058>.
BIOS is the newest.

Just in time I boot from CD I get such errors after detecting CPU:

acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (1 retry left)
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (0 retry left)

And boot fails.

But if I eject CD from CD-ROM after FreeBSD  kernel loads, all going OK. But
in this way I unable to continue installation from CD, course even I insert
CD during sysinstall, it cannot mount it and copy distributions to my
machine.

I have tried to boot through choosing "6" in loader menu and type

   -

   -

   > boot

But it doesn't give any effect.

Situation was recalled on two X8DTU-F motherboards, so it isn't hardware
problem.

CD-ROM is SATA, TEAC DV-28S. Photo:
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3809/rc5hack.22/0_3aa92_84133e96_orig

What do I do with that?