freebsd-8 support for dell R710 SATA raid-0

John comp.john at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:01:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:56:06AM +0100, krad wrote:

>    we are testing one at work at the moment. I think its a driver issue. We
>    are looking at either putting in a perc card or swapping it for the next
>    chasis.

I configured the disks as JBOD but got the same results. I think the
problem lies with all the disks each being 2TB so they can't be seen
with sysinstall. maybe the way forward is to boot to live CD so there's
a full environment, then try to sort it with GPT, then do an install
from the liveCD. I'll try this tonight.
--
John - comp dot john at googlemail dot com
OpenBSD firewall | FreeBSD desktop | Ubuntu Karmic laptop