problems with hal in freebsd 7.2 i386

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Sep 30 23:08:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, herbert langhans wrote:

> Maybe start over again installing the ports? There are drivers for the
> sis chipset, for the case you havent discovered them:
> /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-sis

Please quote a little context to identify the problem.  It's usually not
necessary to throw out all the ports, or all the xorg ports.  If hal
support is missing in xorg-server, just rebuilding xorg-server with the
correct config should be enough.

> Also the already mentioned /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
>
> And then reinstall /usr/ports/x11/xorg (with a make config before)

If necessary (usually not), it won't help unless you

cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg
make rmconfig-recursive
make config-recursive

And then rebuild, deinstall, and reinstall the appropriate ports.
xorg-server for sure, maybe others.

But I would ask again: what, exactly, is the problem to be solved?