problems with hal in freebsd 7.2 i386

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:50:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, <chrisa at uvic.ca> wrote:

> > My systems work well with hal. I find overall setup to be faster and
> > smoother(at this point in time) with hal enabled although there is much
> > adversity to it on this list.
> >
> > Do you have xf86-input-mouse installed?
>
> I do have it installed. I'm going to try manual configuration to see if I
> can make it work.
>
> By the way, you find it faster and smoother with hal enabled?

Yup

I recall
> reading an earlier thread about hal where some people found everything
> slower and less responsive. Interesting.

I think this was due to couple of different factors with a large one being a
one point there was a bug causing extreme cpu usage.  IMO, there was also
been a lot of misinformation and probably misconfiguration due to it.

As stated already, posting /var/log/Xorg.0.log is the best way to solve
this.

--
Adam Vande More