Whic mail server?

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 14:36:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 06:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
Aflatoon Aflatooni <aaflatooni at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running a server that is acting as the mail server for only
> internal users (about 50 users). Currently we are running Sendmail,
> but reading on other discussions I noticed that qmail and other
> programs are suggested. I am wondering if qmail is thought to be
> better than sendmail. Is there a matrix of features and
> functionalities that would compare the different mail servers? Any
> suggestions on spam filters like spam-assassin?

Qmail is not, nor has it been, actively supported for years. Personally,
I use Postfix. Is is far easier IMHO to configure that Sendmail and it
is actively supported. The developer regularly answers questions on the
Postfix forum.

Amavisd-new <http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/> works fine with
Postfix. You might want to stay away from
MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/> though. The Postfix author
discourages its use and Postfix does not support it.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Every cloud has a silver lining;
you should have sold it, and bought titanium.