Warning: PHP Update from 5.2.10 to 5.2.11 and FastCGI

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:40:06 UTC 2009

Jerry wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:34:25 -0400
> Michael Powell <nightrecon at hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
>> If you are using FastCGI the workaround is to do make config in
>> lang/php5 and deselect the Suhosin option. There is something very
>> broken in the Suhosin patch as far as CLI and FastCGI is concerned.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> No problems on my machines.
>
> PHP 5.2.11 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Sep 24 2009 19:08:59)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
>
> Did you rebuild all of the ports that depend on PHP? I used portmanager
> with the '-p' option to update all dependencies.
>
> portmanager -u -l -y -p
>
> That should get everything working.Update you ports system first
> however.

Ports was updated immediately prior to this. The only thing that depends on
php5 is php5-extensions. I completely removed all PHP and rebuilt manually,
same problem. Removed all and did again without using the Suhosin patch and
now all is fine. Except for running without the hardening benefits of
Suhosin.

I run both lighttpd and Apache on this box with PHP as FastCGI and it took
them both down.

Will look into it a little more later. The error I got was periodically a
PHP bug on and off for years. I think there is something wrong with the
patch I got. I use cvsup11 because it closest to me (in the Verizon
datacenter in Ashland, Va.) but I have had that server go stale before.
Might try csupping ports again from something a little higher up in the
hierarchy.

-Mike