network freebsd computers

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:30:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:22 PM, David Kelly <dkelly at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:46:49PM -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 03:27:35PM -0400, Carmel NY wrote:
>>
>> > I was just playing around with ssh. Would it be possible to store
>> > multiple keys in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file?
>>
>> It will put a key there for every place you go to with ssh.
>
> I think this is the place one puts the public key of accounts (not the
> host) from which one is *coming* from that one wishes to accept login
> without further challenge.
>
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts automatically (prompted first time) records the host
> public key of places you have been so as to warn you that the connection
> is not to a previously known machine.

While this is correct, as I said before, let's not let this thread be
a regurgitation of the documentation. I think the M$/OP dude has been
lead down the right path and needs to reach the end (more or less) on
his own. Our bandwidth should be devoted to more important things,
like . . . . well . . . anything else.

(Yes, yes . . . I took up bandwidth to make this silly comment.
Nip-it-in-the-bud, so to speak)