/sys/modules/mii/nsgphy.c compilation errors

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Sep 22 19:22:43 UTC 2009

Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> writes:

>      An update committed since Friday appears to have broken mii/nsgphy.c
> in the kernel.  When I try to build a kernel now, I get the following errors
> during the compilations of mii/nsgphy.c.
>
> /usr/src/sys/modules/mii/../../dev/mii/nsgphy.c:104: error: 'MII_MODEL_NATSEMI_DP83865' undeclared here (not in a function)
> /usr/src/sys/modules/mii/../../dev/mii/nsgphy.c:104: error: 'MII_STR_NATSEMI_DP83865' undeclared here (not in a function)
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
>
>      Having run cvsup just a few minutes ago and then having tried again to
> build a kernel, I see that the errors persist.  Is this something that someone
> is already fixing?  Or should I try to submit a PR?

You don't mention which branch you're on, but it sounds like it's
probably a local issue for your installation.  I built and installed
from the latest RELENG_7 today, and there are new bug reports on
RELENG_8 since Friday.  Those failing identifiers *are* present in the
correct sources; it looks like your miidevs.h isn't being regenerated
properly.  You *are* remembering to do a buildworld before a
buildkernel, right?

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/