evince paper size

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Sep 21 01:14:50 UTC 2009

Is there an easy way to force evince to always use US-Letter as a
default paper size?  I don't run Gnome or CUPS, just lpd.

The only option that seems to work is to setenv LANG en_US.UTF-8.  I'd
prefer to just build evince to know the default size instead of having
to do

sh -c "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ; /usr/local/bin/evince filename.pdf"

Even with that, the paper size is only implied by the locale, not
explicitly set.