PHP5 and ldap

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Sep 18 15:44:38 UTC 2009

> Hi folks, I don't know how to enable ldap for php5 on my Freebsd 7.2 system
>
> this is a client only ldap system.
> ldapsearch works well with tls on it.
> but I try to enable roundcube ldap, and roundcube says:
>
>  LDAP Error: No ldap support in this installation of PHP (GET
> /?_task=addressbook&_action=list&_source=ldap&_page=1&_remote=1)
>
> here is the output of pkg_info:
>  pkg_info | grep ldap
> openldap-client-2.4.16 Open source LDAP client implementation
> php5-ldap-5.2.9     The ldap shared extension for php
>
> find / -name ldap.so
> /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ldap.so
>
> any idea?

I have a couple of guesses.

1) If you installed php5-ldap from ports, you generally have to restart
   Apache for the running PHP to recognize that it's there.
2) Check /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini to ensure the .so was
   properly listed.  I've seen cases where it's not listed correctly.

You can check the output of php_info() to make sure PHP thinks it's
there.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Moran