Change one file in an ISO image

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:41:11 UTC 2009

Patrick Gelsema wrote:
>If the linux suggestion fails I will try this one.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here -- but from what I
saw, the suggestions you are referring to only mentioned different
ways of mounting the iso image from the dvd.  Whether you mount the
dvd, or just use some tool to extract the contents of the dvd without
mounting it, you will still have to edit the contents, and then write
them to a new medium.  Most disks do not allow easy in-place editing
of their contents, and in any case I would be reluctant to do this for
WinPE.

>Unfortunately I can't do Make release as it is not Freebsd. It is a
>Windows based boot cd.

I think by "make a release", the poster meant that you would use a
WAIK or BartPE or whatever to make a new version of WinPE that
incorporates your changes, and not that you would use a literal "make
release".  If WinPE has some kind of self-consistency checks against
the content of it's own files that may be violated by editing one of
them in an existing image, then you may have to do this anyway.

b.