Can't boot Marvel Sheevaplug from USB

Maks Verver maksverver at geocities.com
Thu Sep 17 12:55:13 UTC 2009

James Butler wrote:
> Sounds similar to:
> Apparently Scott Long is working on a fix.

Interesting! Is there any way I can help debug/solve this?

As for running FreeBSD on the SheevaPlug: I think I will stick with
Ubuntu for now, as I haven't been able to get FreeBSD to recognize the
NAND storage nor the SDIO controller, and FreeBSD doesn't seem to have a
  wear-leveling filesystem (or GEOM layer) anyway.

I think FreeBSD on the SheevaPlug right now only makes sense if you
intend to boot from the network, and maybe use additional storage from a
USB-attached hard disk.

Kind regards,
Maks Verver.