portupgrade broken

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 11:27:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:18:39 +0200
"DA Forsyth" <d.forsyth at ru.ac.za> wrote:

[snip]

> I saw someone ask about this in Google Groups on the 14th but he has
> not got an answer yet, so I am not the only one.
>
> How do I fix this?

You could try the following;

1) Update your ports tree.
2) Remove: /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db
3) Run: /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -Ffuv
4: Run: /usr/local/sbin/portsdb -fUu
4) Run: /usr/sbin/pkg_version -vIL=

Now run portupgrade as you normally do and see what transpires.

If that still fails, install /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmanager
Then run it as thus: portmanager -u -l -y -p

I have had great success in getting updates completed successfully with
portmanager when portupgrade and portmaster both crapped out. I would
suggest that you consider deleting the contents of
the /usr/ports/distfiles prior to running any of the above port utility
programs.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com