Approx. restore time estimate

jaymax jaymax36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:20:41 UTC 2009

I was wondering if 24, 48, 72 hrs or even a lifetime was the order of time. I
am now approaching 24 hrs. probably wait until my geriatric years and come
back to look at the machine ... lol!!!

Or would I have been better off using
dd if=/dev/* of=output/path/filename [options]

All other things being equal, would the removal of the "restore" overheads
be significant relative to those from dd .

Thanks