Dump/Restore?

utisoft at googlemail.com utisoft at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:02:51 UTC 2009

On 14 Sep 2009 22:38, Richard Mahlerwein <mahlerrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 9/14/09, Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> From: Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de>

> Subject: Re: Dump/Restore?

> To: mahlerrd at yahoo.com

> Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org, "Chris Maness" chris at chrismaness.com>

> Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 4:37 PM

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT), Richard Mahlerwein
> mahlerrd at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > In the "restore > : prompt you can

> > "add "

> > to add it to the restore list. Works with folders, too.

> ^^^^^^^^

> Excuse me, just a little terminology note: FreeBSD has directories,

> not folders. It doesn't have sheets of papers instead of files,

> too. :-)

> Pie on my face. I work too much with multiple operating systems. *sigh*

> BTW, I also work and develop heavily with a (non BSD, non-open source)
> document imaging and workflow management software, so you probably will,
> at some point, see me confuse files and sheets of paper. I will not mind
> a gentle reminder just like the above when I do that . :)

Yeah, unfortunately I still think of 'folders', and am continually
wrong-footed by the term 'directory' in a graphical environment, even after
years of GNU and FreeBSD use.....

I have all sorts of strange habits that many will recognise as symptoms of
multi-booting and running servers. There's no shame in that!

Chris