Dump/Restore?

Richard Mahlerwein mahlerrd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 21:38:43 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

From: Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de>
Subject: Re: Dump/Restore?
To: mahlerrd at yahoo.com
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org, "Chris Maness" <chris at chrismaness.com>
Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 4:37 PM

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT), Richard Mahlerwein <mahlerrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In the "restore > : prompt you can
>
> "add <filename>"
>
> to add it to the restore list.  Works with folders, too.
                                             ^^^^^^^^
Excuse me, just a little terminology note: FreeBSD has directories,
not folders. It doesn't have sheets of papers instead of files,
too. :-)

Pie on my face.  I work too much with multiple operating systems.  *sigh*

BTW, I also work and develop heavily with a (non BSD, non-open source) document imaging and workflow management software, so you probably will, at some point, see me confuse files and sheets of paper.  I will not mind a gentle reminder just like the above when I do that . :)