[OFF?] Mac OX Driver

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Mon Sep 14 06:25:10 UTC 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 17:39:50 John Nielsen wrote:

> origins. Snow Leopard may be your friend.
>
> JN

What do you mean by that, John? What help can I get from Snow Leopard?

On Sunday 13 September 2009 18:23:33 Michael David Crawford wrote:
> One doesn't generally port device drivers between such different
> systems; it's more like doing a complete rewrite.
>
> Mike

Since my post, I have found out 2 things:

1) A good while back, a guy called Thomas Skibo was writing a driver for it
It's pretty old and he has not touched it for a long time, but he was kind
enough to send it to me. And I will try to make it work.

2) Downloaded the latest alsa drivers, which contains a driver specifically
for my board (gina20). Maybe I can get clues from it.

I would try OSS but only the comercial version has drivers for it.

Don't know if I'll be successful but I'll post if I am.

Many thanks to you both for replying !

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br