What I'd Like To See In A Netbook

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Sep 10 18:34:46 UTC 2009

Michael David Crawford <mdc at prgmr.com> writes:

> Just in case there are any netbook manufacturers listening in, or
> employees of such manufacturers:
>
> What I'd really like to see is a netbook with a regular size
> screen. I've been shopping around some, and have so far been unable to
> find what I desire.
>
> What I mean by that is that I want a notebook with a low-power,
> inexpensive processor and modest memory.  That will work fine if one
> runs an operating system such as FreeBSD.
>
> But I want at least a fourteen inch screen, preferably fifteen inch.

You're not likely to see anything like that until something new happens
in display technology.  The screen, small as it is, is already most of
the parts cost of those netbook units, so putting a big screen on one
would make it as expensive as a low-end "real" notebook.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/