Custom ISOs

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Wed Sep 9 06:55:19 UTC 2009

Tim Judd wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I'm getting <5.0KB/sec for
> two separate downloads each download speed for both the XFCE and Gnome
> DVD ISOs.

Weird...
> I am aware that the site is sitting on wikidot.com, and not on
> dev-urandom.com anymore, I was wondering if there's a better place I
> can grab them from.  I have someone interested in BSD, and was trying
> to download all options and let him pick.

Not really. Only the web pages are on wikidot, the files are still
hosted in dev-urandom.com

> With this download, it'll take <ME> a day or more to download it, then
> the time to meet up with this guy.
>

> Any light shed on the slow downloads?

Don't know, but if it is not resolved I'll ping Glen Barber who owns
this space.
I can't test the speed right now myself but will do later and report back.

I do have some alternate space as well, so if the worse comes to the
worst, I could upload one of the ISOs there. It is currently mostly full
but I believe I can trash some things.

> Thanks again, Manolis for ALL your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks Tim, I thoroughly enjoyed creating this stuff.